- List of Most Popular Online Schools by Rating and Reviews
- How to Prepare for Studying in a Good Online School?
Online learning is not only a forced measure, but also great opportunities for productive time allocation and child development. Of course, everyone wants to choose the best educational institution for their children. Thanks to our article, you will learn more about online educational establishments and will be able to decide on your choice.
List of Most Popular Online Schools by Rating and Reviews
Next, you will learn about the top five online schools, but to enroll there, you need quality knowledge. Although most of them do not have entrance exams, your child should be prepared for a rigorous and demanding academic program. Accordingly, you should consider preparing your child through one-to-one classes. On the UpskillsTutor site you will find a necessary tutor with good qualifications and reviews in just a couple of minutes.
Dwight Global Online School
It provides secondary and high school education from the 6th to the 12th grade. The school's main building is located in New York. Currently, more than 300 students are studying there.
The teaching process is combined, it consists of online seminars and lectures, practical studies in the school building and individual guides for each student. However, in order to become one of the students of this school, it is necessary to successfully pass the ISEE, SSAT tests. School fees are $39900 per year.
The institution offers its pupils ample opportunities for future vocational training. In particular, in high school, students can choose various AP courses, that is, College Board programs that have received international recognition. Thus, the school gives students the opportunity to acquire skills at the college level and start their academic resume. Students in grades 10-12 can also take refresher courses if they wish.
In addition, this educational institution offers an IB diploma, starting from the 11th grade. It is one of the most complex programs, which includes such blocks of knowledge as mathematics, science, social studies, foreign languages and so on.
Crimson Global Academy
Students from 18 countries are educated in middle school and high school there. Total – 180 people. This premium educational institution is located in San Diego. Classes are conducted by eminent teachers from all over the United States.
The peculiarities of training here are:
- project-based studying;
- creation of digital portfolios, allowing to demonstrate the level of practical skills development;
- selection of courses and passing of AP exams;
- various types of internships in leading companies (for example, PwC, KPMG, Uber) with further receipt of a letter of recommendation from a company.
There is no need to pass any tests for admission to this educational institution, however, candidates must successfully pass interviews. The cost of training is about $15300 per year. According to previous years' statistics, graduates of this online school most often entered Harvard, Yale and Massachusetts Universities.
Laurel Springs School
This is an extensive online school where you can receive pre-school and full school education, as well as postgraduate training. The school also organizes a wide range of scientific clubs and events for its students. All learners have personal pedagogical support throughout the entire period of study.
The program is strict and complex, designed for talented and purposeful children. And here is the choice diversity for their students:
- 65 foreign language programs;
- 47 AP programs;
- 233 college preparation courses;
- 11 college courses.
No additional testing is required to be enrolled. In Laurel Springs School tuition fee is $15,000 per year. And the number of students is about 4300.
How to Prepare for Studying in a Good Online School?
The main thing is not to be wrong and make the right choice. To do this, follow these steps together with your child:
- Find out which schools are in the top of official rankings. For example, you can look through most and least educated states in America Ranked Newsweek, and read information there about online schools.
- Carefully learn reviews from students and parents; and information about peculiarities of studying in a particular educational institution.
- Write your own rating of high schools and discuss it with your child.
- The choice of the institution should be determined by a child’s choice of the future professional sphere.
- Learn from your child's current school teachers about his/her weak subjects, and whether she/he will need these subjects in future education.
- Hire a competent private tutor using a tutoring site with a reliable reputation. Start individual lessons as soon as possible. No one will better expose your child’s talents and explain difficult topics than a personal teacher.